Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jumping right in

Okay. So it's like 1:20am and I just created my blog. My first and only blog. I know, I know. People have been blogging for the past few years. Where have you been Natalie? Well, the truth is that I had deliberately avoided creating a blog, along with other things, such as opening a Twitter account, because I didn't want to allow all of this technology take over my life. I didn't want this stuff to be the end all and be all of my life, to the point where I began neglecting my duties and responsiblilies as a mom, a teacher, a daughter, etc.



Unfortunately, I couldn't hold out any longer, and I finally succumbed to the blogosphere (and Twitter world). I'm in full-blown Twitter mode ( follow me at www.twitter.com/kevinnia), and now you can keep up with me here. No, I am not neglecting my reponsibilities now; I am just learning to balance my life more with my own interests/needs and the interests/needs of my kids.

I started this blog because with the recent political events taking place, the crazy commercials I've been seeing, the demented conversations that I've been having with others, and the random thoughts that have been popping into my head, I needed a forum to speak my mind and let the world see things from a rational, smart, African-American single woman's point-of-view. Yup. That's it.

So, here it is. My blog. Please indulge me by subscribing to my blog, sharing your comments with me, or simply just listening and paying me the attention that I so love. ;)

Thanks,
Nat

1 comment:

  1. Yay Natalie's 1st blog! I'm so excited to follow you and read your posts.

    ReplyDelete